Meet My Character Blog Tour
Originally posted on my old website on June 9th, 2014.
D. A. Rhine, author of Vampires of the Chesapeake, asked me to participate in this "Meet My Character Blog Tour". Her books take place in the Chesapeake Bay area and each novel features a different vampire with a unique challenge and a new steamy relationship. Sounds intriguing! You can read more about her and find her Meet My Character post here.
As some of you already know, after NAPOLEON (my novella) comes out tomorrow, I'm taking a small break from Paranormal Romance and dipping my big toe into the world of Contemporary Romance with my next book. I’ve been asked to respond to the following questions about the main character in what I'm working on now.
1) What is the name of your character? Is he/she fictional or a historic person?
My two main characters in the book I'm currently working on are Cali and Thatch - both are fictional.
2) When and where is the story set?
This is a Contemporary Romance that takes place in Las Vegas, NV.
3) What should we know about him/her?
Cali is the troubled daughter of an Oscar-winning actor and absentee father extraordinaire, and she's dealing with issues related to trauma and low self-esteem, including bulimia and drug abuse. Thatch is an up-and-coming artist in the tattoo world - dealing with a troubled past of his own.
4) What is the main conflict? What messes up his/her life?
Cali is dealing with the trauma of an incident that happened to her a year ago - and Thatch became a father when he was 17. Both of them carry a lot of emotional baggage.
5) What is the personal goal of the character?
Cali is coming to terms with the toxic lifestyle she grew up in and Thatch has to learn to trust again.
6) Is there a working title for this novel, and can we read more about it?
The working title is HEAVY. I'll update with more info as I get further into it :)
7) When can we expect the book to be published?
There is no set date yet, but it will be later this year (hopefully by the end of the summer!).
And now, I’ve tagged some other extraordinary authors who have agreed to join the blog tour. They will be posting their Meet My Character posts on June 16th (one week from today).
1. Michele M. Reynolds has recently published Love's Autograph - a book that is doing phenomenally well and hit number 3 on Amazon's Lesbian Romance Top 100. HUGE congrats, Michele. Check out her active blog, Writer + Wilderness, Girl Under it All.
2. Alexandra Butcher, a fellow Brit! Yay! She is the talented author of The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles in which "a beautiful young elven sorceress flees for her life in a dark world where magic is forbidden and elves live as slaves." Her books have been described as: "Dark" and "gritty" and that "The story is very much a romance at heart, with plenty of steamy graphic sex to keep erotica fans happy." Sounds just up my street! Check out Alex's blog The Library of Erana.
3. Meet Shannon Pemrick, imaginative author of Experimental Heart: Pieces - the first book in her series. It's been described as "Science Fiction/Dystopian meets High Fantasy". Sounds like a must-read to me! You can read more about Shannon and her series here!
4. Author Lee French writes Science Fiction and Fantasy. As well as being a prolific writer, she's an avid gamer and apparently has an obsession with Angry Ninja Squirrels of Doom! As a former World of Warcraft addict, I know exactly where she's coming from! The Fallen is the first book in her Greatest Sin series. Feel free to stalk her on Facebook here!
5. It's my pleasure to introduce you to Rebecca Patrick-Howard. She writes books in the Thriller, Paranormal and Historical Fiction genres. Some of her books include Windwood Farm and Haunted Estill County. One reviewer advised to not read these books in bed as "You may never go to sleep!" Like ghost stories and haunted houses? Sounds like Rebecca's books might be perfectly and deliciously creepy :) Check out her blog here!
As per always, people - thank you for supporting indie authors!